Friday 25 November 2011

Ta-daaaa!

Stretch and Scare


Hurray! The finished piece!
Basically we have a partonising safety video that also has a bit of propaganda towards the nazis. It also plays up to the aspect of how gullible and naive the public were in those days (believe it or not more so than now) by offering useless suggestions towards how to get rid of a monster. But hey, surely stretch and scare will frighten off a 50 foot monster!... Right?
As you can see, my animation doesn't play a HUGE role in it, just a cheesy cartoon mascot for the overall message. The rest of the animation was done by (director) Tom and Sam. Sam also did the video editing and sound work, along with (average) Tom. Yeah, we had a few Toms in our group.
This could also be considered my debut of voice acting! I voiced a little boy... now I know how Tara Strong and Nancy Cartwright feel!

There was supposed to be another video from another group but it was never shown. Maybe they never finished in time to present? Pity... my face was added to an olive in that one! Perhaps I'll upload and share my thoughts on it here if they every manage to complete it.

Well, thats pretty much it for the B Movie part of the project. It'll be idents next week... well for everyone else, I'll be in Tenerife... but if anyone in my future group is reading this, feel free to send me stuff on progress and I'll help in any way I can. I'll be taking my laptop with me and the villa has free wi-fi! As for right now I'll probably head home in a few, scan my passport and medical form to email to Dave for Pictoplasma purposes (yep, I'm going again!) and then collapse in a heap... till Mum drags me by the ear to continue packing.

Although I've just remembered... we were supposed to present our animation progress (remember my pigeons?) on monday and tuesday next week... bugger. Guess I'll have to email those as well. Better not deduct 10% off my final grade or heads will roll!


2 comments:

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3